Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Halibut Fishing

The biggest halibut I've seen caught, 200 lbs. By Malyn Malquist.
A couple of the salmon I caught.
Where we lived in Karluk


Old men and the sea

Got one on.



Our catch of the day.



A scruffy bunch heading home.




Malyn sent me some pictures from our halibut fishing the first day off the mouth of the Karluk River in the Shellikof straits. He caught the biggest halibut, I caught the next biggest. It was the best day halibut fishing we have ever had there. ll total halibut were caught.

7 comments:

Deborah said...

What a fun trip. And you guys are old men. So glad that you had such a fun, successful trip.

DaNae said...

You should take a picture of how packed the freezer is downstairs!

Dorianne said...

What a fun trip! Good luck eating that 200 lb fish!

Dianna said...

I'm sending Mom some Lion House recipes about Salmon and Halibut so you guys don't get burned out on fish. Parker is so excited to have some of Grandpa's fish.

Dianna said...

Fish or Dish?

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for the fish!!!!
Lionel & Bette

Dave said...

I can't believe how big Maylyn's fish is.